Last updated: July 4, 2017
Collection of Personal Information and Non-Identifying Information
When you (i) choose to create or update an Account, (ii) send SynCity an email message or other communication, (iii) authorize the disclosure of personally identifiable information to SynCity via 3rd party authentication systems from Facebook, LinkedIn and others, or including communications with third parties, SynCity collects personally identifiable information from you. This refers to information about you that can be used to contact or identify you (“Identity Information”). Identity Information includes, but is not limited to, your name, image or likeness, voice, phone number, email address and home postal address, but does not include your credit card or bank account number and related information (“Billing Information”) (Identity Information and Billing Information together, “Personal Information”).
SynCity also collects other information that you choose to provide. This includes, without limitation, your zip code (on its own), individual preferences related to your Account and demographic information (all such information, “Non-Identifying Information”). Non-Identifying Information also includes Personal Information that we aggregate or otherwise render anonymous.
Other Automatically Collected Information
- Site Log Data. The Site automatically collects certain non-personal information such as the date and time you access the Site, your IP address, the URL you accessed and the referring URL, the operating system you are using and any content you post to the Site. This information is stored and may be disclosed to others and permanently archived for future use.
- Pixel tags. From time to time, we may place special tracking images in emails or other communications that we send you to. These are used so that we determine if a particular piece of email or other communication has been delivered and opened successfully by you.
How SynCity Uses and Retains Your Information
We use your Personal Information (in some cases, in conjunction with your Non-Identifying Information) mainly to provide SynCity Services, complete your transactions, and administer your inquiries. We may use your Personal Information (and disclose it to third parties) to verify your identity, derive other information about you, for fraud prevention, and otherwise protect the integrity of the SynCity Services, or to verify other information you provided to us.
We may also use your Personal Information to contact you with promotional materials and other information that we believe may be of interest to you. If you decide at any time that you no longer wish to receive such communications from us, please follow the unsubscribe instructions provided in any of the communications. Please note that we may also use your Personal Information to contact you with information related to your use of SynCity Services; you may not opt out of these notifications unless otherwise required by law. If you no longer desire to be contacted by SynCity, you must terminate your account and no longer use the Site and SynCity Services.
We may use and disclose your Identity Information to third parties to promote and market your contributions to Clients or to market or promote SynCity Services in general.
We store your Personal Information for as long as we believe it useful or necessary, but do not undertake any obligation to retain information indefinitely. We may dispose of Personal Information without prior notice.
Sharing of Information
- Other Users. We may share your Personal Identity with a Client (if you are a Service Provider) or Service Provider (if you are a Client) if the sharing of such information is necessary in order to facilitate the completion of a Task or transaction involving you and the Client or Service Provider, as applicable. To the extent a Recording of a Service Provider’s communication is provided to a Client for verification or quality control purposes, it may also include Identity Information as it exists within the Recording.
- Third Party Service Providers. We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate, advertise and promote the SynCity Services, to provide part of SynCity’s Services on our behalf, to perform Site-related services (e.g., without limitation, maintenance services, database management, web analytics and improvement of the Site’s features) or to assist us in analyzing how the Site, and SynCity’s Services are used. These third parties may have access to your Personal Information; if they do, this access is only so that they may perform these tasks on our behalf and they are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
- Change in Control. In the event that we sell our business or engage in mergers, restructurings, changes of control or other such transactions, any information we collect, including your Personal Information, will be subject to a transfer. In the unlikely event of a bankruptcy, customer and user information may be transferred to a bankruptcy trustee or debtor in possession and then to a subsequent purchaser. You acknowledge that we are not required to provide you with notice or seek consent in such event.
- Compliance. We may share your information in order to comply with applicable laws and to respond to legal processes, including subpoenas, law enforcement requests, search warrants and court orders, and to respond to or otherwise address written complaints of copyright infringement. We may also share the information to protect SynCity interests including sharing select information with credit risk or fraud protection companies.
- Aggregate Information and Non-Identifying Information. We may share aggregated information that does not include Personal Information and we may otherwise disclose Non-Identifying Information and Log Data with third parties for industry analysis, demographic profiling and any other purposes. Any aggregated information shared in these contexts will not contain your Personal Information, unless such Personal Information is Non-Identifying Information.
We have put in place physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online to protect the Personal Information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, however. Therefore, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
We will attempt to make any legally required disclosures of any breach of the security, confidentiality, or integrity of your unencrypted electronically stored “personal data” (as defined in applicable state statutes on security breach notification) to you via email or conspicuous posting on our Site insofar as consistent with (a) the legitimate needs of law enforcement, or (b) any measures necessary to determine the scope of the breach and restore the reasonable integrity of the data system.
Links to Other Sites
The Site may contain links to websites owned and controlled by third parties. If you click on any such link you will be directed to that third party’s website. The fact that we link to a website is not an endorsement, authorization or representation of our affiliation with that third party, nor is it an endorsement of their privacy or information security policies or practices. We do not exercise control over third party websites. These other websites may place their own cookies or other files on your computer, collect data or solicit personal information from you. Other sites follow different rules regarding the use or disclosure of the personal information you submit to them. We encourage you to read the privacy policies or statements of the other websites you visit.
Our Policy Toward Children
We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under 18 years old; nor do we knowingly allow such persons to use SynCity Services. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her child has provided us with Personal Information without their consent, he or she should contact us. If we become aware that a child under 18 years old has provided us with Personal Information, we will delete such information from our files.